There 2 types of visas in the UK:
- Short Term Study visa: This is required if the study tenure will be 6 months or 11 months.
- Tier 4 (General Student visa): This is a general student visa for a longer tenure of study.
To apply for a student visa in the UK below are the basic documentation required:
- Valid passport
- A confirmation of acceptance of studies (CAS) from the respective institute/ college/ University
- Financials supporting proof to show that you have enough money to study in the UK and for living expenses
- Medically fit certificate in which TB test is mandatory for few countries
- Proof of English proficiency (IELTS, PTE, TOEFL, etc.)
- No criminal record proof
- ATAS (Academic Technology Approval Scheme) certificate if applicable
- visa payment receipt
The visa cost in the UK depends on the type of visa. If the study visa is short term 6 months’ visa then it would cost £93 and if it is a short-term 11 months visa then it would cost £179. The tier 4 general study visa would cost £348 if you apply for a visa outside the country.
The cost of living in the UK is less than in other countries despite being economically so strong. On average the cost of living would be around £1200 to £1600 but it again depends on the lifestyle of the person.
Apart from living expenses, the main major expense is on the course fee. The tuition fee in the UK is a little on the higher side. The tuition fee is starting from £10000 to £40000 per year and education cost will be according to the course opted.
There are very famous universities/colleges in the UK few of them are:
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford
- Imperial College of London
- University of Manchester
- University of Glasgow
- University of Birmingham
- Kings College London
Here are some benefits that the UK has for students with student visas:
- Exposure to internationally recognized universities.
- Quality education of UK’s education system.
- Opportunities like selecting the field of study sorted duration of courses and promoting close student-teacher interaction.
- Unique culture.
- Work while studying and permit to work after completing the study.
The international students can work part-time in the UK along with their education. They can work for 20 hours every week during study time and work full time during the vacation period.
After completion of the course, you can work full time till the visa time doesn’t get over. After achieving a master's in the UK there are immense job opportunities. They get good positions in the most popular companies across the world. The average salary for after masters are around £30000 to £45000.
There are a variety of jobs:
- Part-time jobs for international students: On a student visa, you’ll be able to work up to 20 hours per week during the term.
- Summer jobs for international students: A student visa allows you to work full-time during vacation periods.
- Graduate jobs in the UK: The UK’s immigration program will allow you to transition from a student visa to a working visa when you get a position that meets the relevant salary and time criteria.
Vertex Overseas is one of the best Visa Consultants in India. We have a profound number to prove it and a 98% success rate. We provide all kinds of Student visas, Work visas, Study, and Immigration visas. You can also benefit from our customized services like profile evaluation, guidance, single point of contact between you and company, and other services specifically customized as per your requirements.
You can expect everything you need from A to Z for all your visa needs with us. If you are confused or have any doubts, you can contact us immediately.
Don’t wait. Start today...